Purpose: This document is intended to serve as a breakdown of Council Members, including recruitment, their stats, and how leveling and traits work.
Survivors do the heavy lifting, but Council Members are the ones who lead them. Whenever a raiding party is deployed, a Council Member is put at the front of the pack to guide them to their destination and, in many cases, provide bonuses to their overall performance.
Stats and Leveling
The stats and level that each of the Council Members have are what dictate their overall performance and affect how well their raiding party will perform. These particularly come into play when participating in Missions or attacking/defending.
- Level: A Council Member’s level represents their overall stage of growth based on how much experience they have gained. Experience can be gained by completing Missions or Scavenging runs, but levels can only be gained through the Range in the player’s base. With every level increase, the rest of their stats will increase as well, by a fixed amount. The maximum level that a Council Member can reach is dictated by the level of the player’s Council Chambers.
- Power: A Council Member’s Power is how much they contribute to the overall score of how strong the player is. A Council Member has an inherent Power value when it is first recruited, based on its level, and increases with each new level it gains.
- Leadership: Leadership is the core Council Member stat that is used to determine a winner in combat encounters with other players. A winner is decided based on the Council Members’ Leadership stat and the amount of damage that was dealt, both are taken into consideration to determine the total Morale of each side in the encounter. Whichever player has a higher Morale is deemed the winner.
- Load: The Load stat is how much a Council Member is able to carry when they lead a raiding party on a scavenging run or successfully attack another player’s base. This number is added to the cumulative total that they and all of the Survivors in the raiding party can carry so the player can tell how much their party is capable of bringing back.
- March Speed: As the name suggests, March Speed is how fast the raiding party will travel when that Council Member is leading it. The higher their March Speed is, the less time it will take for their raiding party to arrive at its destination
- Gather Speed: Similar to March Speed, Gather Speed is the rate at which the raiding party will gather resources with that Council Member in charge. The higher their Gather Speed is, the less time it will take for the party to gather its full Load and return to base.
Talents are special perks that Council Members get which will add bonuses to the raiding parties they lead, sometimes under specific circumstances. For example, Carl’s Single Sight talent provides a bonus to March Speed for his raiding party whenever they are traveling to a Mission. Every time the player uses the appropriate covers to upgrade a Council Member, they will get another one of their predetermined talents. A fully upgraded Council Member will have six talents (the one they start with plus the five that they get along the way).
Council Members are initially recruited by gathering enough covers to be able to add them to the player’s roster. These covers can be acquired by either completing Missions that have a chance to yield them as rewards or to buy them from offers through the in-game storefront. Once recruited, they can continue to be upgraded by gathering more covers.