Purpose: This article is intended to inform the player on how to recover an account, whether to the device they've been playing on or an entirely different one. This method can be used in the case of an account being lost, the player is transferring to a different device, or if they want to be able to play on multiple devices.
Under certain circumstances, whether it's a lost account, a new/different device, or simply wanting the option of playing multiple devices, players will want to be able to recover their account. Luckily, that is possible to do and it's pretty easy, too, as long as you know some of your credentials.
Recovery with a Registered Email
If you've already registered your account to an email address (see this article if you haven't: Registering an Account) then the recovery process is as simple as logging in with your email and password. The following steps will walk you through the process (if you haven't registered an email address, scroll past these steps).
- Download The Walking Dead: March to War on your device if it isn't already installed.
- Launch the app on your device.
- If you are still in the tutorial, play through it until you are no longer receiving forced objectives that walk you through the early gameplay.
- Now that you have free control, tap on your profile picture in the top-left of the screen.
- Tap on the Account Management button.
- Once there, put in your email address and password and tap Login. If you don't remember you password, tapping "Forgot your password?" will send a reset prompt to the email address.
After that, your account should now be recovered to your device!
Recovery without a Registered Email
If you haven't registered your email address to your account yet, your account may still be able to be recovered by contacting Player Support. When contacting them, make sure to consider the following:
- Explain the situation in as much details as you can provide.
- If you know your username or have any screenshots on your device of gameplay that might have some of your account information, please provide them.
- If you have made any in-game purchases, please provide a copy of the receipt for your latest one.
If the Player Support Representative is able to locate your account, they will be able to register it to the email address of your choice and help you create a password. Once that is done, follow the steps above to recover it to your device.