Purpose: This document is intended to serve as a guide to Daily Objectives, including how they work, what they provide, and a list of the different types of objectives a player can be faced with.
Daily Objectives, like many other games, are a system of randomly generated tasks for players to accomplish in exchange for rewards. However, there are a few aspects that distinguish the Daily Objectives system in The Walking Dead: March to War from other games.
Summary of Objectives
Objectives are broken down into various categories, such as Missions, Resources, PVP, etc. Each day, a player will be assigned three objectives based on these categories and, upon completing one, will unlock another objective in the next tier. There are three Tiers for each objective (making a total of nine each day) and sometimes these Tiers will be form “chain” objectives where the task will be the same, but requiring a higher number. For example, one Tier 1 objective would be to complete three of any level 5 mission, but Tier 2 would then be to complete five more. Any numerical information in the objectives, such as amounts or difficulty levels, are fixed to a player’s capability and how far they have already progressed in the game. A level 1 player will not be faced with the same Daily Objectives that a level 15 player would encounter.
In The Walking Dead: March to War, each day’s rewards for completing the objectives focus on a specific Council Member. This allows the player to work towards acquiring covers so they can recruit a new Council Member or upgrade one they already have. Higher tier tasks will also provide the player with additional items as part of their rewards, such as resources or various consumables. If the player is able to complete all nine objectives in one day, they will get a bunch more covers of the featured character to boost their progress even further.
Types of Objectives
- Scavenge [amount] Food/Salvage/Lumber/Fuel
- Produce [amount] Food/Salvage/Lumber/Fuel from pallet
- Complete [amount] level [difficulty] or above missions of any type
- Complete [amount] level [difficulty] or above Clear Walkers missions
- Complete [amount] level [difficulty] or above Supply Run missions
- Scout [amount] players
- Scout [amount] players gathering resources
- Scout [amount] players’ bases
- Complete healing [amount] Survivors
- Attack [amount] players
- Attack [amount] players gathering resources
- Attack [amount players’ bases